l33t hosting - our bandwidth pimps.  these guys r0x0rz
megatokyo - relax, we understand j00 what the hell is going on here?
who are these people?
please buy stuff or kimiko will cry...
rant and rave, tell everyone what you think.
comming soon - MT fan links and other stuff
fredart studios - the process behind the madness

Pages: (7) All [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topic

> [fanwork Compilation] The Sd-tans, Welcome to the madness!
Belpheg0r
Posted: Mar 9 2007, 05:26 AM
Quote Post

Addict

Group: -Members-
Member No.: 50091

For those who have read the later part of Broken's Urban Ninja thread, you may recall that on a whim he decided to create the equivalent of an OS-tan for the SD Fanart community. Shortly thereafter, after the Fanartists (happy.gif) commandeered his male Fanart-tan and turned him into Fanfic-kun, he added CG-tan and Rescript-tan to the family, which gave the SD Fanwork community four of our very own mascots!

However, unlike the OS-tans, the ones Neo created are a little different - they were not done with satire in mind...primarily because Neo didn't realize was what the OS-tans were made for until later =P. Nonetheless, I see little reason to let them go to waste, and at Neo's behest and after taking far too long to finish (thank you exams), I've created a short write-up about each member of the SD-tan family for you all to enjoy! I hope that, in addition to giving each one a canon color scheme, I've given each character a unique and somewhat interesting personality. Also, be sure to bare in mind that, due to the fact that there was no satirical intent when Neo drew these characters, I decided against trying to pull some out of thin air. So, that means that these are supposed to be fun, not poke fun, and if that ends up happening it is unintentional. I have no problem with satirizing people, but since I didn't try this time, don't get all whiny!

A few additional notes: I don't think it was originally intended as such, but since this has turned into something of a community project, why not make a party out of it? All you other Fanworkers, feel free to CG Broken's pictures, draw your own renditions of the SD-tans, rescript any of the above (somehow...) write a story featuring them, a haiku, a filk, etc., etc...whatever ya feel like doing! But at the very least, I hope to get a couple of CGs of their canon colors so that I can replace those pictures in this post with some colored ones happy.gif Also, if you see an "ē", that represents a long e, such as Sē (See, or C) or Rē (Ree). I just prefer to use the accent is all...tis a side effect of writing Japanese names for too long, I guess

Oh, and since this whole critique thing was established, I guess I should tell you my feelings on that. If you have any critiques you'd like to provide about my writing itself, feel free to PM me with em. Normally I'd be fine with them in the thread, but I'd prefer this one not be cluttered with critiques about me so that readers can see other people's work. However, if you've critiques about the characters themselves, or additional ideas for them, feel free to post em here.

So, without further ado, here you go...the SD-tan family!!

--------------------

user posted image

Fanart-chan is the very definition of a “genki girl”. With light hair, a proclivity for bright clothing and an unwaveringly cheery outlook on life, she brightens up any room she’s in…as well as the three adjoining as she runs through them at great speeds with her arms waving wildly through the air. But that’s not all! Not only does she move fast, but she talks fast as well, and does so at every opportunity possible. She also loves to go shopping, especially when she is able to drag one of her older siblings along for the ride.

Filled with confidence in everything she does, Fa-chan is especially proud of her ability to draw, and always has her sketchpad nearby in case she feels the need to churn out a piece of teeth-rottingly cute art. Though generally happy, the hyperactive girl is a bit sensitive when it comes to criticism about her art, and if anyone doesn’t express their immediate love for a specific piece, they’ll soon find her crouched in the corner with a depressed cloud hanging over her head, mumbling about how unloved she is. However, she doesn't stay sad for long, and inside of a minute she'll stop sniffling and bounce back up with hurricane force, her determination renewed and ready to work to improve her art!

user posted image
Note: Thank you in part to SerenaC, who provided part of the edits that transformed Broken’s “Fanart-tan Male” into Fanfic-kun. The other half was me, editing it in paint, pixel by pixel. Eat that, Photoshop, I don't need you!

Fanfic-kun is what every man wants to be, and what every woman (and certain men wink.gif) wants to be with. With soft blue hair and vivid eyes of the same color, he is generally found wearing fashionable clothing and making every woman that sees him feint. Yes, Fa-kun would be the ideal man, except for one problem…any time he says or does anything, he promptly dispels the illusion and reveals his secret…underneath his handsome, bishōnen exterior, Fa-kun is completely oblivious to the world. He has absolutely no idea how anything works, including why so many women seem to drop things in front of him and then whistle when he bends over to pick them up. In fact, were it not for his sisters, he wouldn’t look or dress the way he does. They originally gave their nerdy brother a complete makeover due to one of Sē-chan’s whims, who delights in the chaos that her babe magnet brother causes.

Despite his naiveté, Fa-kun is good at one thing…writing. When it comes to writing, he can take anything that anyone else can say in words, and say it in words as well…but better. He can paint a picture with prose, write music with metaphors and pull his readers into a world of his own design so vivid that often times, they forget that it isn’t real! Too bad the intricate knowledge of mankind that he shows in his writing is never seen anywhere else...

user posted image

CG-chan is the eldest sibling in the SD-tan family, but age has not tempered her personality a bit. In fact, she is quite possibly the most eccentric person of the bunch. Perpetually sleepy from staying up too late CGing anything she can get her hands on, she still somehow manages to find time to change the color of her clothing, hair, eyes and even skin to something different each and every day…sometimes multiple times during in the same day! But, despite the frequency of these color changes, no one has ever actually seen her do anything to make them happen…they just do.

While it is possible that Sē-chan’s erratic color scheme might be unintentional, since she acts as if she doesn’t realize it happens, her siblings usually assume it is just her toying with them…for good reason, because next to CGing, Sē-chan loves nothing more than a good practical joke. From putting a live raccoon in Fa-chan’s closet, putting glue on Fa-kun’s keyboard or replacing Rē-chan’s book collection with a every book in the “Mr. T and _____” series, the only thing that will make her stop coloring a new strip is to see the fruits of her latest trick…though even then, it won’t keep her away for long!

user posted image

Rescript-chan can only be described as a human encyclopedia, due to the fact that she’s read, watched or heard every piece of literature, TV show, song or play that she can get her hands on…that is, as long as it isn’t about anything useless like science or any practical life skills, of course. From Shakespeare to American Idol, Plato to South Park, behind the blonde girl’s big, green eyes is a mind filled to the brim with useless knowledge which she delights in talking about whenever possible. In fact, anyone who doesn’t know her well may assume she has multiple personalities, due to her tendency to launch into renditions of anything from ancient plays to modern stand-up routines with little to no provocation. Fortunately, though this tends to scare people away pretty effectively, it also comes in handy in her rescripting…so much so that Rē-chan is able to take any scene and rewrite it with such skill that many times, people mistake it for the real thing!

While weird enough in everyday life, her normal antics pale in comparison those of a drunken Rē-chan. As a self proclaimed lover of “the sauce”, she loves nothing more than dragging her siblings to a bar after a long day of rescripting, and once there she is invariably drunk inside of twenty minutes. This does three things: increases the volume and frequency of her random quotations, makes her mood swing erratically and causes the amount of clothing she’s wearing to decrease exponentially throughout the night. Bar goers in SD…you’ve been warned!

--------------------

There ya go, our very own SD-tans! Now, I'm tired of staring at my computer screen for so long, so Belph-baby is going to hit the hay. If those who posted CGs in the other thread do not re-post them here by tomorrow when I wake up, I'll retrieve them at that time and edit this post with them. Until then, I bid you adieu!

--------------------
Belph-baby ~ beating Teddy Werebear with the original White Album and a quart of drool taken from the mouths of 900 sleeping albatross, so you don't have to user posted image
SD-tan artwork - copyright © 2007 Neo, SD-tan character design - copyright © 2007 Belpheg0r, all rights reserved...Hey, we get a lil copyright line...fuck yeah!
PMEmail Poster
SerenaC
Posted: Mar 9 2007, 05:55 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 52017

Ah: Here we go, CG's~

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Ans Rese-tan's CG might come this way by this afternoon... ^^

NOTE: These aren't necessarily official. If you don't like my colour choices, go CG it yourself. XD
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahoo
Sareth
Posted: Mar 9 2007, 12:12 PM
Quote Post

Miho-Thrall

Member No.: 53914

Written with your usual amusing style! I approve. Personnally, I so need to go get sauced with Re-chan.

Just one question: Fa-chan is so very genki, yet how does she do with "Sad Catgirls In Snow" type artists? She needs an Emo side...
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
FreezingFire
Posted: Mar 9 2007, 12:50 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 54140

Belpheg0r: I can't speak for other people who write rescripts, but you've described me almost perfectly through your description of Rescript-tan. In fact, it's kinda scary. huh.gif

Aww... no love for Rescript-tan from SerenaC... sad.gif
PMEmail PosterAOL
Rapierman
Posted: Mar 9 2007, 02:34 PM
Quote Post

Militant Warrior for Intelligence

Member No.: 33370

QUOTE (FreezingFire @ Mar 9 2007, 12:50 PM)
Aww... no love for Rescript-tan from SerenaC... sad.gif

Giver her some time. People do have lives, yanno.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
MuffinLurver
Posted: Mar 9 2007, 02:52 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 43543

soo pretty Serena.. I especially like FF-kun (I shall call him Effy! xD) Your colors are super awesome, and the folds on Effy's shirt are wonderous....

I think I'll try to cg at least one... I need to practice >__> I haven't cged in forever
PMEmail Poster
Yone
Posted: Mar 9 2007, 03:19 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 20932

CG-tan should be colored by 3 or 4 different people in different styles and skill levels.
darrin
Posted: Mar 9 2007, 03:27 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 55299

QUOTE (Belpheg0r @ Mar 9 2007, 05:26 AM)
Rescript-chan can only be described as a human encyclopedia, due to the fact that she’s read, watched or heard every piece of literature, TV show, song or play that she can get her hands on…that is, as long as it isn’t about anything useless like science or any practical life skills, of course.

user posted image

(Should be obvious, but that's only self-mockery, no mockery of other rescripters -- or anyone else for that matter -- intended... smile.gif)
PMEmail Poster
Sareth
Posted: Mar 9 2007, 03:54 PM
Quote Post

Miho-Thrall

Member No.: 53914

Holy frick... I think this may be the first time I've ever seen fan art rescripted... The marriage of the two... it's so... 3v1|...
Hellrose
Posted: Mar 9 2007, 04:10 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 52527

And now, a fanart of a fanart. biggrin.gif

user posted image

(This is essentially the raw scan of a very messy sketch. Anyone here good at cleanup? Or digital inking?)

This post has been edited by Hellrose on Mar 9 2007, 04:11 PM
PMEmail Poster
FreezingFire
Posted: Mar 9 2007, 05:26 PM
Quote Post

Addict

QUOTE (Sareth @ Mar 9 2007, 04:54 PM)
Holy frick...  I think this may be the first time I've ever seen fan art rescripted...  The marriage of the two... it's so...  3v1|...

user posted image
PMEmail PosterAOL
BlackLiger
Posted: Mar 9 2007, 05:40 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 45432

VOKDA!!!!

Hehehe.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLMSN
SerenaC
Posted: Mar 9 2007, 06:07 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

And let it be known: Re-tan is an alcoholic. emot-downs.gif

This post has been edited by SerenaC on Mar 9 2007, 06:07 PM
wordwarrior
Posted: Mar 9 2007, 06:12 PM
Quote Post

~Super☆Affection~

Member No.: 57076

QUOTE (SerenaC @ Mar 9 2007, 06:07 PM)
And let it be known: Re-tan is an alcoholic. emot-downs.gif

... even in chibi form biggrin.gif
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahooMSN
darrin
Posted: Mar 9 2007, 06:29 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 55299

QUOTE (Sareth @ Mar 9 2007, 03:54 PM)
I think this may be the first time I've ever seen fan art rescripted...

And it gave me an avatar (unless Broken objects, in which case I will pull it immediately). (Course the book is now completely unidentifiable but hey.)
PMEmail Poster
SerenaC
Posted: Mar 9 2007, 06:58 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

I've got flats done on Res-tan, but I need opinion on hair colour:

[Infra] Red:

user posted image

Blonde:

user posted image

I like both, personally. But I can't choose. >_>
wordwarrior
Posted: Mar 9 2007, 07:08 PM
Quote Post

~Super☆Affection~

Member No.: 57076

I'm partial to the red ones (tipsy redheads ftw happy.gif ).
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahooMSN
FreezingFire
Posted: Mar 9 2007, 07:20 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Hmm... which hair color says "I like to take another man's work and twist it textually until it's unrecognizable"? I like blonde because everyone knows blondes have more fun (and "fun" is what rescripting is all about), but there's something about redheads which MAKE them fun... I don't know what it is but I like it.

I dunno SerenaC. I'm sure whatever you decide will look wonderful. smile.gif
PMEmail PosterAOL
SerenaC
Posted: Mar 9 2007, 07:44 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

I give you: Res-tan CG. ^^

(I chose red, cause it's more fun, and blonde reminded me of INO. D:)

user posted image

(I installed the Imageshack Toolbar now. SO much easier to upload... :D)
mcfeegle
Posted: Mar 9 2007, 08:06 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 51211

QUOTE (Yone @ Mar 9 2007, 03:19 PM)
CG-tan should be colored by 3 or 4 different people in different styles and skill levels.

You asked for it. And here it is. CG-tan rendered in my almost-no-experience skill level. Just know, you have been warned.

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Wavebird_Ocelot
Posted: Mar 9 2007, 09:21 PM
Quote Post

Just happy to be here

Member No.: 35190

QUOTE (Belpheg0r @ Mar 9 2007, 05:26 AM)
However, unlike the OS-tans, the ones Neo created are a little different - they were not done with satire in mind

Aw, that's no fun, then. tongue.gif

Seriously, though, I love this idea. Could I propose adding a couple more, though? The Discussion people have no mascot, and neither do the forum bards (the catch-all term for poets/filkers).

What would all six be like together? I envision....

[Story Time!]
Fa-kun was breathless as he entered SDFW. When asked why, he explained, "It's all Belph's fault! He hates me, and I don't know why!"
Se-chan turned around in her green dress, brushed her brown hair out of her eyes, and told him, "Oh, Fa-kun, that's your imagination! What makes you think Belph hates you?"
"Just read his description of me -
QUOTE (Belpheg0r)
making every woman that sees him feint.
So, everywhere I go, girls act like they're going to attack me, but it's always just a feint. It's crazy!"
Fa-chan was quick with a solution - she grabbed a sheet of paper, and sketched a nice looking girl standing in the snow. Se-chan, after pulling back her blonde hair, started to color the picture, being careful not to get anything on her blue jeans and dark t-shirt.

When it was done, Fa-kun looked at it for a moment, and - since this is a fantasy world - was able to give it a shake and the girl came to life, and -

POW!

After Fa-kun regained consiousness, he admitted, "Well, at least she didn't feint that. Ouch..."
Verse-tan then jumped on a table, accidently scraped Se-chan's blue dress with her guitar, and exclaimed, "This is a landmark! First time Fa-kun got whacked in a SD-tan thread!" She started strumming no tune in particular, and sang, "Oh Fa-kun, brave Fa-kun! You have no succes with wo-mun! Every time you make a move, go to dinner or bust a move, you... uh..." she kept strumming, and wrinkled her forehead trying to come up with another line.

Meanwhile, the Discussion-tan was carefully surveying the situation. "Yes, this seems like a very Nitschean situation to me. Or maybe Aristotlean. The way the paper changed just so, and the blow landing just like this, yes, definitely a very Platonic example of Newtonian thermodynamics."
He turned to Se-chan, as if for confirmation, but she just noticed, as she brushed the sleave of her brown jacket, "Is it just me, or are the shadows in this room a little off? I mean, Fa-chan isn't shaded at all, but Rescript-chan is like totally dark."
"Yes, certainly," Disc-kun agreed, "it's all a very Laotzian."
"What? Do you even know what that means?"
"Oh, of course. Just take Occam's Razor to it, and -" at this point, Verse-chun jumped in again.
"Oh! Landmark again! Oh~ old Disc-kun, he don't know what he's talkin' abo~ut." Before she could continue, though, Rescript-chan tapped her shoulder and handed her something else to sing that seemed, to her at least, quite applicable. "His brain hurt like a warehouse, it had no room to spare, he had to cram so many things to store everything in there... uh, how does this apply, I must ask 'Why?'"
[/ST]
PM
kite949372
Posted: Mar 9 2007, 09:45 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

>.> hmm colored this a few days ago but never got around to posting it and was still trying to figure out how to shade it (its my first cg btw) but thought i might as well post the flat...still trying to figure out how to shade it and rethinking some of the colors... but .. what do you guys think for my first cg? XD

user posted image

... and ya now that i look at it, it does have alot of purple/pink shades/colors ...hmm
>.> also just noticed i missed some of the whites of the eyes.. meh >.>

This post has been edited by kite949372 on Mar 9 2007, 09:48 PM
Belpheg0r
Posted: Mar 9 2007, 10:16 PM
Quote Post

Addict

QUOTE (Wavebird_Ocelot @ Mar 9 2007, 09:21 PM)
Seriously, though, I love this idea. Could I propose adding a couple more, though? The Discussion people have no mascot, and neither do the forum bards (the catch-all term for poets/filkers).

What would all six be like together? I envision....

That's up to Neo, me thinks. He told me that he only had 4 -tans planned, the 4 above, but if he draws another I'll gladly give em a personality. However, while I think it possible that discussion might get one (SD-sama go!), I doubt you'll see one for filkers or haikuers, so feel free to share Fa-kun happy.gif

Oh, and I'll fix the feint thing when I'm back on my other computer. Apparently, you can't edit posts if you're not on the same computer you posted em on for some reason =P

Finally, let it be known that I had a feeling I'd never see a CG of the -tans in the colors I wrote for em. Damn uncooperative CGers
user posted image
--------------------
Belph-baby ~ terrorizing SD with and a baked David Spade, so you don't have to user posted image

This post has been edited by Belpheg0r on Mar 9 2007, 10:19 PM
PMEmail Poster
SerenaC
Posted: Mar 9 2007, 10:19 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

QUOTE (Belpheg0r @ Mar 9 2007, 10:16 PM)

Finally, let it be known that I had a feeling I'd never see a CG of the -tans in the colors I wrote for em. Damn uncooperative CGers
user posted image

In my defense, I did 3/4ths of them before you gave colours. XP
Belpheg0r
Posted: Mar 9 2007, 10:24 PM
Quote Post

Addict

QUOTE (SerenaC @ Mar 9 2007, 10:19 PM)
In my defense, I did 3/4ths of them before you gave colours. XP

and what about Ree-chan? owned happy.gif

--------------------
Belph-baby ~ connecting four with a gold doblón and a half eaten catgirl , so you don't have to user posted image
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (7) All [1] 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topic