l33t hosting - our bandwidth pimps.  these guys r0x0rz
megatokyo - relax, we understand j00 what the hell is going on here?
who are these people?
please buy stuff or kimiko will cry...
rant and rave, tell everyone what you think.
comming soon - MT fan links and other stuff
fredart studios - the process behind the madness

Pages: (22) All « First ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Closed TopicStart new topic

> She Comes:fourth Thread, by popular demand
Zaron
Posted: Mar 11 2005, 03:37 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Group: -Members-
Member No.: 31490

Who said one of those P's ended in iro
PMEmail Poster
Dog Soldier
Posted: Mar 11 2005, 03:39 PM
Quote Post

Self perma ban since no one else will

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 16373

One Ping to Rule Them All...
PM
UserError
Posted: Mar 11 2005, 03:42 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 33246

WK: quoth Sabyr: "There is no such thing as too much Ping"

I rest the case.
PMEmail PosterICQAOL
Zippo
Posted: Mar 11 2005, 05:26 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 37188

Yeah, so... I think Dom needs more attention... Here you go.

user posted image

The picture was originally supposed to have Ashley having the gun pulled on her in it too. I had so much trouble with Dom, though, that I got sick of looking at it. Maybe later. Sorry about the gun not looking all that great. I just couldn't get it right. What do you guys think?

About the names:
I LIKE Echo, Ocelot, but I'm on your side with Cammy.
Belle is awesome. I think the idea of alphabetical naming is fun.

~Zippo (who has survived her second brush with photoshop, and is still smiling.)

<Editted because I even I had no idea what I was talking about.>

This post has been edited by Zippo on Mar 11 2005, 05:31 PM
PMEmail PosterMSN
Zaron
Posted: Mar 11 2005, 05:39 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

zomg Zippo I love it! Only problem is theres an arm missing =P
PMEmail Poster
Zippo
Posted: Mar 11 2005, 06:04 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

QUOTE (Zaron @ Mar 11 2005, 05:39 PM)
zomg Zippo I love it! Only problem is theres an arm missing =P

It does kinda look like it doesn't it?

Its tucked in at the side of his body, so's ya can't see it.

Really. It is.

PMEmail PosterMSN
Zaron
Posted: Mar 11 2005, 06:20 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Lies! You just got lazy! =P
PMEmail Poster
Dog Soldier
Posted: Mar 11 2005, 06:59 PM
Quote Post

Self perma ban since no one else will

Member No.: 16373

Piro shuffled aimlessly along the street with his hands in his pockets. He was worried. Sure the girls were all giggly when they had come out of the bedroom and told him to go out for a while. He just didnít know what they might be up to.

Things had started pretty well after work; Erika and Ping had resumed their remodeling project. No fights this time. When Kimiko had come home theyíd consulted with her and both of the other girls had deferred to her sense of style. She was apparently very talented in that sort of thing.

Piro had felt useless.

When theyíd moved the furniture around Ping and Erika didnít even ask for his help. He knew that both of them were stronger than he was but still he felt an unaccustomed pain.

Piro shook his head and grinned, imagine that, he actually had a male ego underneath it all!

Piroís cell phone rang and he hastily pulled it from his pocket. He paused briefly and frowned when he saw they ID on the screen. Now what could Sonoda-san want with him? Surely she wasnít going to ask for the lessons to be moved somewhere private again was she?

<Hello. >

<Hi Piro-san, Iím not disturbing you am I? >

Piro chuckled, <No, not at all. What can I do for you? >

There was a pause before she answered, <Well, I was hoping that I might be able to take a walk with you. >

Piro blinked rapidly, what on earth? <Umm, I donít know about that? Why do you ask? >

Yuki giggled, <Well, I thought that if you werenít busy that we could walk together and perhaps get something to eat. You see, Iím standing right behind you. >

Piro spun to see and smiling Yuki. He couldnít help but laugh; <You really got me, Sonoda-san. What are you doing out so late? >

Yuki stepped closer; <I was doing an assignment with Mami and Asako. I saw you just now as I was going home. I just want to tell you that I really enjoy the lessons. I just never get a chance to talk to you. >

Piro was silent for a minute as he looked at Yuki. She was just so cute in her school uniform! He hadnít really thought about that for a while. <Hmm, okay Sonoda-san. Where would you like to go? >

<Oh, anyplace is fine with me. I really donít have to be home for nearly two hours. >

Piro turned and put his hands in his pockets again. This was a mistake. Yuki slid her hand into the crook of his elbow and walked beside him. He was uncomfortably aware of the soft touch of her hand, the light brush of her slim hips against his thigh, the scent of her hair.

He was even more uncomfortable because he really liked it.

<So, what was the assignment that you girls were working on? >

Yuki was quiet for a moment, <Oh, I really donít want to talk about schoolwork right now. Thatís boring. Letís go to the park now. Itís not far. >

Piro looked over at her to see her looking up at him with her sweet smile. She looked so cute then that he wanted to stop and just stare at her. He quickly looked away instead.

<Is something wrong, Piro-san? >

< Um, no. Uh, say. Erika told me that your father is a police inspector. Is that true? >

Yuki felt a sudden burst of anger well up inside of her, how dare that old cow tell him such things! She was trying to ruin it for her! She just continued to smile. <Yes he is, heís a very important man. Sometimes I feel neglected though. > She tightened her grip on his arm. < You wouldnít neglect me, would you? >

Piro suddenly felt very uncomfortable with the conversation. <No, if I had a daughter like you Iíd keep an eye on her. >

Yuki looked away and gritted her teeth. How could she have been so foolish! She had just pushed to far that time and now he was trying to pull away from her. She became acutely aware of the cameraís mounted on the traffic signals. Why did he have to mention her father keeping an eye on her?

Piroís cell phone rang then and Piro pulled his arm away from her to answer it. He saw that it was Ping.

<Hi, Ping! >

<Hi Piro-kun, you can come back now. We are ready for you! >

Piro breathed a sigh of relief; <Iím on my way. Do you want me to get anything? >

Ping giggled, <Oh no! All we need is you! >

<Well, okay>

Piro hung up and looked at Yuki, <Sorry, I have to go now. >

Yuki looked crestfallen, <Thatís okay, maybe we can go to the park another time? >

Piro tilted her chin up and looked into her eyes, <That sound nice. Bye. >

Yuki thought for just a moment that he would kiss her. She felt a tinge of disappointment as she watched him walk away. She turned to go with a sigh; sheíd just have to keep on trying. It was only a matter of time and she would make him hers. She just knew it.

PM
Ari_DT
Posted: Mar 11 2005, 07:13 PM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 30799

First of all, who will come and save us from the 3vil of the Not Pings? ph34r.gif

Second, I say that when She Comes gets to its tenth thread that we all have a party. biggrin.gif

PM
Refugee
Posted: Mar 11 2005, 07:13 PM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 7641

Index to She Comes chapters has been updated.

Last chapter update: Mar 11 2005, 07:59 PM

Chapter 54: Yuki takes Piro for a walk.

Compiled by Refugee. PM me with omissions and errors.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
dunefish
Posted: Mar 11 2005, 07:24 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 27016

...that old cow...
dry.gif
Man, I really don't like SC Yuki.

What a bitch. mad.gif

-M

Also I see only one grammatical error. Very nice.
cameraís

This post has been edited by dunefish on Mar 11 2005, 07:26 PM
PMEmail Poster
Wavebird_Ocelot
Posted: Mar 11 2005, 07:40 PM
Quote Post

Just happy to be here

Member No.: 35190

QUOTE (She Comes)
It was only a matter of time and she would make him hers. She just knew it.

Hey, the door's left open for just about anything. However, I won't be surprised if Piro doesn't end up with anyone at the end of this story.

Unfortunately, this chapter really could have used an editor - there were several spelling and grammatical errors.

Now for the social comments.

@WyndhamHeart:
Your sig? Don't you mean avatar? You've already mentioned Rio being from Spiral, but what I meant was that I don't know anything about her other than that (until a couple minutes ago, after googling it).

@Refugee:
Belle is too attached to the Disney character, and Disney doesn't fit this environment very well. I also like the alphabetical idea, but there aren't many good names beginning with "B".
One problem with Echo is that it has too many references. Mythology, technology, onomatopoeia, even Sega - too many references, too cliched!

[RP time!]
General Ocelot stood at a podium before his Army, making the case for NotPingII's best name. When he finished, the legion remained silent.
"Wow," he thought. "I was proud of that oratory, but I didn't expect it to leave them speechless!" Just then, Ocelot's second-in-command/hot assistant, Zippo, came up.
"Ocelot, sir, your mic has been unplugged, apparently by the 'Gray' author."
"Great. I don't want to give that whole thing again. Go ahead and plug the mic in."
Ocelot turns around, and begins anew:
*ahem* "Umm... her name should be (pause for dramatic effect) Demi!" The Army bursts into applause, and sings the revised version of our anthem.
[/RP]
PM
Zaron
Posted: Mar 11 2005, 07:47 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

*Moves out of Ocelot's camp and sets up a Rio camp!*

Rio for the name!(FTN) Ummm... [Inserts a good reason why] I'll let WH explain I think =P
PMEmail Poster
Oscar Wildecat
Posted: Mar 11 2005, 10:37 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 9587

Just finished reading the whole series. I gotta say that I like it! It'll make a nice new home for evil kitties.

*nyow*

Also, on naming the !Pings. There needs to be a R. Dorothy in the mix.
PM
Refugee
Posted: Mar 11 2005, 10:57 PM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One
Group Icon

Member No.: 7641

QUOTE (Wavebird_Ocelot @ Mar 11 2005, 08:40 PM)
Belle is too attached to the Disney character, and Disney doesn't fit this environment very well.
Come now. If the Beast can kill Belle, then surely Mary-Kate should have killed Ashley. For me, "Belle" will always be "Belle of the ball" and my sister's faithful and fierce German Shepard. But how about Bella?

I also like the alphabetical idea, but there aren't many good names beginning with "B".
Fiddle-de-de. Bea, Bertha, Brunhilde...

OK, OK. You're right, but I've always liked Beth, Becky, Bliss, Blythe. There are some other good ones, but they're too long.

Oh, wait, one more: Bird or Birdy.

There may not be many, but we only need one.

One problem with Echo is that it has too many references. Mythology, technology,  onomatopoeia, even Sega - too many references, too cliched!
Gonna challenge this, too: not cliched, rooted. Complex. Deep. Strong. Echo would be quite a girl, if she lived up to her name.

BTW, "Echo" is not an onomatopoeia (that is, a transcribed sound, like, um, "Ping".) There is no onomatopoeia for the echo effect, because they're all different.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Zippo
Posted: Mar 12 2005, 03:56 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

Piro had felt useless.
You'd think the girls would know that you have to make men FEEL useful, at least some of the time. They get all pouty otherwise. tongue.gif

Yuki really has to work on her manipulation skills if she's going to compete with all the rest.

Meanwhile, in a galaxy far, far away...
Zaron:
Quiet you, or next time I'l draw his other arm making rude gestures at YOU. Well, no I won't, because I hate being rude. But still...

Ocelot:
second-in-command/hot assistant, Zippo
laugh.gif
Yes, that's right, my loyalty can be bought by flattery, or, if that fails, any form of chocolate. It also helps that I like the name Demi. One of my favorate spells, that one.

Refugee:
Bella, reminds me of Belladonna, a plant also known as Deadly Nightshade. Its a deadly but beautiful flower, with extremely useful medicinal properties. The point of which is: Bella is a great name, especially if its short for Belladona. Think about it, beautiful but deadly, and if treated right very helpful. However, I don't think any off the possible users are plant nerds. Yes, I'm a plant nerd, and I revel in it.

And.. I still like echo. *runs away before Ocelot hears her sedition, but not too far away, because he obviously needs all the help he can get*
wink.gif

~Zippo. ( who reminds you: Demi and Cammy. Vote early, vote often, and don't forget, vote loudly!)
PMEmail PosterMSN
WyndhamHeart
Posted: Mar 12 2005, 06:58 AM
Quote Post

Alpicola is prettiful <3
Group Icon

Member No.: 32898

Yuki giggled, <Well, I thought that if you weren’t busy that we could walk together and perhaps get something to eat. You see, I’m standing right behind you. >

STALKER!!!!!!

Piro spun to see and smiling Yuki. He couldn’t help but laugh; <You really got me, Sonoda-san. What are you doing out so late? >

Don't laugh!!! Get out of there! She's a stalker!!!! She's gonna kidnap and rape you and leave you tied up in the basement!!!!

Yuki stepped closer; <I was doing an assignment with Mami and Asako. I saw you just now as I was going home. I just want to tell you that I really enjoy the lessons. I just never get a chance to talk to you. >

Okay, she's a stalker and a lier...Piro, "Fly you fool! You know not your parel!"

<So, what was the assignment that you girls were working on? >

Yuki was quiet for a moment, <Oh, I really don’t want to talk about schoolwork right now. That’s boring. Let’s go to the park now. It’s not far. >

You see? This adds proof! She cannot talk about it...because it doesn't exist!!

Um, no. Uh, say. Erika told me that your father is a police inspector. Is that true? >

Good job Piro. Maybe you know enough that you need the police to handle YOUR STALKER!!!!

Piro suddenly felt very uncomfortable with the conversation. <No, if I had a daughter like you I’d keep an eye on her. >

oh...Burn! Poor Yuki. sad.gif

It was only a matter of time and she would make him hers. She just knew it.

Stalker child Yuki...hmmm better than canon. I think.

-------------

QUOTE (W_O)
@WyndhamHeart:
Your sig? Don't you mean avatar? You've already mentioned Rio being from Spiral, but what I meant was that I don't know anything about her other than that (until a couple minutes ago, after googling it).

oh *smiles sheepishly* That's what i meant and you meant. Sorry.

QUOTE (Zaron)

Rio for the name!(FTN) Ummm... [Inserts a good reason why] I'll let WH explain I think =P

oh...thanks.

[rp time]
Suddenly WyndhamHeart, who was sitting peacefully in the audience, got dragged up to the mike.
"Huh? What's going on? Where are you taking me Zaron?" WH replied as she struggled. Finally Zaron stopped and pushed WH on stage.

"Hello?" WyndhamHeart said into the mike, "Um hi."
WyndhamHeart stared blankly at the audience wondering what to say...
"Well, um... I guess i'm here to say that you should pick Rio. Well, first off, Rio does look a whole lot like Ping..."
WyndhamHeart feeling better, wipped out her pointer,
"See her gray hair?"
A burst of applause was heard from a certain member with a famous avatar, and WH gained confidence. "Also, one of the ways she kills is pretending to be adorable and cute. Just like Ping. But she's really smart as well and, as i've said kills people. Also, the name Rio is short and sweet and Japanese sounding. I think Rio is the only GREAT choice for this new !Ping. Thank you!"
WyndhamHeart finished with a smile on her face. Take that planning! She than threw "I heart Rio" plushies into the crowd and left the stage to listen to more speeches.
[/rp time]

Oh! and i see we have a new member join our ranks...Welcome kuroneko_tar! Feel free to bring your kitties, but keep them away from me...I, sadly, am allergic. *Hands kuroneko_tar the n00b "She comes" gift basket.

The Offical Dom Status Bar
Alive and NOT a Stalker! smile.gif

~WyndhamHeart

(btw...fixed the computer! yay!)

[edit]just realize i didn't say how much i love Zippo's picture. wub.gif wub.gif *fangirl drool* wub.gif *hands over the coveted "I heart Dom and don't car who knows it! tm" plushie* wub.gif [/edit]

This post has been edited by WyndhamHeart on Mar 12 2005, 07:03 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
Wavebird_Ocelot
Posted: Mar 12 2005, 08:59 AM
Quote Post

Just happy to be here

QUOTE (Refugee @ Mar 11 2005, 10:57 PM)
OK, OK. You're right, but I've always liked Beth, Becky, Bliss, Blythe. There are some other good ones, but they're too long.

There are a few good names, yes, but not many. Bella is a decent choice. If WhiteKnight does decide to go the alphabetical route it would be a good compromise for the rest of us: Ashley-Bella-Cammy-Demi-Echo-Faye-etc.
It also seems a bit rude to name NotPingII after a dog, even a fierce, loyal one. wink.gif

Gonna challenge this, too: not cliched, rooted. Complex. Deep. Strong. Echo would be quite a girl, if she lived up to her name.

Too complex, too obvious, (and too reminiscent of a Sega game).

I will have to concede over Echo not, in fact, being onomatopoeia.

QUOTE (Zaron)

Pie the traitor! Time to heckle the other speakers!

So that gives me an Army of myself, Zippo, and Tamashi Zero. Wait, Tamashi Zero? Oh, how the times change!

Demi, people. Demi!
PM
Zaron
Posted: Mar 12 2005, 09:10 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Thanks for taking that one WH =D

*Goes about collecting all the "I Heart Rio" plushies*

Hrmm Belladona.... thats for either curing werewolfism or something, if I had my DnD books here I could tell ya! Wait I do have my nwn game!

Oh, I was slightly wrong but still nearly correct!

Belladonna is a rare plant that seems to have an adverse effect on were-creatures. The plant is used like a potion and will temporarily protect the user from shapechanger attacks.

Oh and nooo not the alphabetically route! Rio is at the end!!! *cries* Besides if its alphabetically why is Ping the first and named Ping!
PMEmail Poster
Kasira
Posted: Mar 12 2005, 09:16 AM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 30164

Ping is a noise, so you could argue that noises go before the alphabet, like numbers and !.

How about Bash for a name? Like the shell? If the techie's not a Linux guy, I'm going to cry...

(In my hunt for a good name, I found this list. It's got a crapload of technical terms on it - fodder for future names, one might say.)
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
Wavebird_Ocelot
Posted: Mar 12 2005, 09:24 AM
Quote Post

Just happy to be here

QUOTE (Zaron @ Mar 12 2005, 09:10 AM)
Oh and nooo not the alphabetically route! Rio is at the end!!! *cries* Besides if its alphabetically why is Ping the first and named Ping!

Because Ping is one of the old models - the NotPings are a new model, so the naming process starts over. Besides, alphabetical is a very cool idea - I'd support that wholeheartedly if I knew that WhiteKnight was going to name several more EDS's. Since I don't know if we'll get to name any more at all, though, I'm fighting for each one as it comes.

Also, Rio is not at the end. There would still be Sakura, Xen, and Yen, among others. Of course, the last one would be a gender-neutral doll called Zeromus, who would destroy the world from its lunar dungeon!

. . . Um, maybe I've had enough Final Fantasy IV.

Edit, for above post:
Bash is too masculine. That list is... really, really, long. Still somewhat useful, though.[/Edit]

(Psst... don't worry, though, the name'll be Demi.)

This post has been edited by Wavebird_Ocelot on Mar 12 2005, 09:27 AM
PM
Wapptor
Posted: Mar 12 2005, 11:09 AM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 32280

ZOMG WALLPAPER!!!

user posted image

I will have more time to draw stuff for you guys now that I'm on spring break smile.gif Any requests? I've got way too much free time...

-Wapptor

PMEmail Poster
Zaron
Posted: Mar 12 2005, 11:49 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

QUOTE (Wapptor @ Mar 12 2005, 11:09 AM)
I will have more time to draw stuff for you guys now that I'm on spring break smile.gif Any requests? I've got way too much free time...

-Wapptor

Ping! =P

(The above is like one of those inside joke thingies)
PMEmail Poster
Zippo
Posted: Mar 12 2005, 01:34 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Yes, alphabetical naming keeps almost everyone happy. I know! We'll put a silent g on the front of Rio, so it's next in line. Then we have Ashley, Bella, Demi, Echo, Faye gRio! Huh? Huh?

Okay, I'm just kidding. I like the name Rio, but I like Demi and Cammy better.

However... I'm thinking we don't need to meet them in alphabetical order, as long as their names are in alphabetical order, so we could meet a Rio before a Bella. I'm trying to channel Osaka Boy and make everyone happy. He's better at it though.

Hey, Ocelot, if there are only three of us are we still an army, or are we now considered more of a gaggle? By the way, your new Avatar confused me for a second, but I likes.

Meanwhile
I got my first ever Plushie!! *Hugs it, and skips around with joy*

Oh yeah, and Welcome Kuroneko_tar! I love kitties. *Adds tasty cookies to the N00b "She Comes" gift basket. I can't believe I forgot to do this before. My mom would be so ashamed of my lack of hospitality.

~Zippo (whispers hypnotically: Demi, Demmmiiii. You know you wanna)

This post has been edited by Zippo on Mar 12 2005, 01:36 PM
PMEmail PosterMSN
Wavebird_Ocelot
Posted: Mar 12 2005, 02:00 PM
Quote Post

Just happy to be here

QUOTE (Zippo @ Mar 12 2005, 01:34 PM)
I know!  We'll put a silent g on the front of Rio, so it's next in line.  Then we have Ashley, Bella, Demi, Echo, Faye gRio!  Huh?  Huh?

laugh.gif

I'm thinking we don't need to meet them in alphabetical order, as long as their names are in alphabetical order, so we could meet a Rio before a Bella.

Interesting idea. Ping's implied that several have been released, so they could all feasibly have been named before we meet them. However, they seem to be getting named by individuals, rather than one entity. Thus, there would be nobody to coordinate the naming process. The only way this will work is if we are introduced to them alphabetically.

Hey, Ocelot, if there are only three of us are we still an army, or are we now considered more of a gaggle?

We are an Army, for a few reasons:
1) We have supporters among lurkers who only view threads.
2) It makes us sound more important/intimidating.
3) "Ocelot's Army" is our official name, and was not intended to reflect actual size.
8) Playing semantics is lame.
H) I can't count anyway.
XI) Off-topic, but all should salute my passing Doll Mage avatar, and ph34r the new one.

QUOTE (Wapptor)
Any requests? I've got way too much free time...

I always appreciate seeing Ed. Or perhaps a Ping/NotPing/NotPingII group portrait?

@Zaron:
Just say no to inside jokes. sleep.gif Instead, you should spend your time promoting Demi for the next name.

*Ocelot vanished quite slowly, attempting to begin with the end of the tail(!?), and to end with the grin, which would remain some time after the rest of him had gone. Unfortunately, he hadn't practiced, and thus did this backwards, resulting in much blushing.*
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (22) All « First ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... Last » Closed TopicStart new topic