l33t hosting - our bandwidth pimps.  these guys r0x0rz
megatokyo - relax, we understand j00 what the hell is going on here?
who are these people?
please buy stuff or kimiko will cry...
rant and rave, tell everyone what you think.
comming soon - MT fan links and other stuff
fredart studios - the process behind the madness

Pages: (23) All « First ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topic

> She Comes:trinity, the third thread starting episode 41
Wavebird_Ocelot
Posted: Feb 16 2005, 03:11 PM
Quote Post

Just happy to be here

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 35190

QUOTE (Zaron @ Feb 16 2005, 02:46 PM)
if we're going with girls with guns from games, you can't forget Alyx

Eternal Darkness, correct?

Ref's comments were interesting, but WhiteKnight suggested that Ed would be the one to name her. If that's the case, think like Ed (scary, no?). Would Ed name NotPing after a mythological figure? Probably not. "Alice" is too cliched, and I don't really like the sound of "Wendy" or "Dorothy." Her name needs to be symbolic somehow and preferably monosyllabic.

QUOTE (SpyderGreywolf)
Not gonna happen in Sony Labs, sad to say.

If Sony names her, then that's true. However, if Ed (who may begin rebelling against Sony) names her, using a name from one of Sony's biggest competitors would be greatly symbolic.

I'll stop now.

Please do.
PM
Kerwing
Posted: Feb 16 2005, 03:19 PM
Quote Post

Local

Group: -Members-
Member No.: 31571

QUOTE (SpyderGreywolf)
Not gonna happen in Sony Labs, sad to say.

If Sony names her, then that's true. However, if Ed (who may begin rebelling against Sony) names her, using a name from one of Sony's biggest competitors would be greatly symbolic.

So... you're sugesting Samus.

I'd rather prefer Alia.
PMEmail PosterMSN
Wolfen Kahlon
Posted: Feb 16 2005, 05:24 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 25412

Hmm, nice to catch up with this.

Interesting to see a darker take on Mt, characterisation seems to be veering back and forth a bit. If you're going to write much more around Kimiko you might want to re-read the comic looking at just the parts where she appears, there's a lot of subtle stuff that gets 'drowned out' by all the other crazyness.

I'll continue to see where this is going for a bit.

I'd say that: Echo, Kali and Alyx; sound like the best suggestions for NotPing's name, if chosen by Ed, short sharp and to the point.
PMEmail Poster
Rapierman
Posted: Feb 16 2005, 05:38 PM
Quote Post

Militant Warrior for Intelligence

Member No.: 33370

QUOTE (SpyderGreywolf @ Feb 16 2005, 10:10 AM)
Tell ya what. One day we'll do guest fics for each other *muhahaha*

How 'bout "of each other"? Heheheheheheheheh. ph34r.gif

Edit:

QUOTE (Magister Aurelius @ Feb 16 2005 @ 11:14 AM)

If we don't give him any good ideas WK will have to go with 'Pong'.

Gee, how original...NOT. tongue.gif

QUOTE (mAGISTER aURELIUS @ fEB 16 2005 @ 11:14 AM)
Or considering Ed's proclivity for guns.... Henrietta. C'mon the Gunslinger Girl reference isn't that bad.

Well, hell, ya might as well call her "Annie", then. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Rapierman on Feb 16 2005, 05:43 PM
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Dog Soldier
Posted: Feb 16 2005, 06:25 PM
Quote Post

Self perma ban since no one else will

Member No.: 16373

Actually I'm going through the first three books and reading all the Kimiko related strips. Yes, Kimiko makes her move in the next strip as of my current plans. If it doesn't read right I may delay posting till tomorrow. BTW: Echo, Alyx and Kali top my list so far. keep those suggestions coming though biggrin.gif
PM
Wavebird_Ocelot
Posted: Feb 16 2005, 08:33 PM
Quote Post

Just happy to be here

QUOTE (WhiteKnight @ Feb 16 2005, 06:25 PM)
BTW: Echo, Alyx and Kali top my list so far. keep those suggestions coming though

Ashley! Come on, it almost has to be a Resident Evil character!
As for the other suggestions, Echo is too obvious, Kali is too obscure and does not sound like a name Ed would come up with, and Alyx, well, Half-Life 2 is too new, and she doesn't fit the atmosphere of SC very well. The other Alex (Alexis Roivas) from Eternal Darkness would be great. Meryl (of Metal Gear fame) would also be a solid choice. Tima (from Osamu Tezuka's Metropolis) would be appropriate, being a robot-girl herself. Mortal Kombat's Sonya is a possibility for the Fighting game crowd, though Cammy, Juli, or Juni (of Street Fighter) would be more appropriate.
Alia doesn't ring a bell with me, and Google just turned up a ton of unrelated stuff. Where's it from?
PM
Ravandyl
Posted: Feb 16 2005, 09:11 PM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 22640

Hello, long time reader (been here reading religiously since thread 1). First time posting in this thread through.
Persephone is always an interesting achetype. Name's a little long though. Morgan has a nice dark myth, yet its normal enough sounding. Pele is an interesting goddess, as is Pandora.

Sorry, can't come up with any better, or non-myth names. Great fic, and keep it up. biggrin.gif
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Vavrek
Posted: Feb 16 2005, 10:56 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 16989

Uh... Echo? That... No. Not Echo.

For those of you that don't know, Echo was the name of 'droid character in the old RP's around here. A male character (Sony EDS model). I'm glad that it's not being considered highly, as it would be... weird, for I and any other oldbies.

Aside from that, "New episode, spiffy, good job, keep going" and all that.
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
Zippo
Posted: Feb 17 2005, 04:34 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 37188

My 2 cents on the whole name thing:

How about Konoko, from the game Oni? She's genetically enhanced, has an uncertain past, and good with guns. Plus, its a shooting game, Ed would probably be aware of it.

And I love Bungie. wub.gif

Okay, that's been my two cents. keep up the good work, WK!

...And I miss Screamer too. sad.gif
PMEmail PosterMSN
Tama
Posted: Feb 17 2005, 04:35 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 24513

I'm gonna vote for Echo because I like the connection with her mother's name, and the fact that I think it would make a beautiful name. If Ed's naming her, and he names her that, he believes that her mind is a result of Ping's actions. Ya never know. Hell, she might even name herself. Or simply enough, Ping named her. Not many idea names outta me, but I think her name should probably be short but to the point like her mother's. It could be a foreign name, just as long as it's a short name. There's my two cents/yen/meseta/etc, *poofs into the shadows again*

EDIT: Actually, I just thought of a name: Demi. It's the name of the gynoid in Phantasy Star 4. Echo or Demi would be my picks. *poofs again*

This post has been edited by Tamashi Zero on Feb 17 2005, 04:46 AM
PMEmail PosterAOL
Wolfen Kahlon
Posted: Feb 17 2005, 05:43 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 25412

QUOTE (Tamashi Zero @ Feb 17 2005, 10:35 AM)
EDIT: Actually, I just thought of a name: Demi. It's the name of the gynoid in Phantasy Star 4. Echo or Demi would be my picks. *poofs again*

Well,
of course, there's *always* Demi

Edit: damn board keeps adding tags and smilies to the end of the post instead of in the cursor position.

This post has been edited by Wolfen Kahlon on Feb 17 2005, 05:45 AM
PMEmail Poster
Osaka Boy
Posted: Feb 17 2005, 09:02 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 36838

QUOTE (Zippo @ Feb 17 2005, 02:34 AM)
...And I miss Screamer too. sad.gif

Gotta PM from the boy. He's been busy. He'll be back soon. Hopefully to regal us with tales of his adventures, whatever they may be.

This is my final suggestion for a name. How about Lex, as in Alexa/Alexis? Monosyllabic and techno sounding.
PMEmail Poster
Roman
Posted: Feb 17 2005, 09:22 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 33121

QUOTE (Osaka Boy @ Feb 17 2005, 09:02 AM)
Gotta PM from the boy.

Thanks for the update.
PMEmail PosterYahoo
themonq
Posted: Feb 17 2005, 09:48 AM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 31811

hrmm... sen? as derived from the syn part of syn/ack? notping seems to be quite different in character; 'sen' sounds a bit firmer.
PMEmail Poster
codepoetica
Posted: Feb 17 2005, 12:17 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 4198

QUOTE (themonq @ Feb 17 2005, 10:48 AM)
hrmm... sen? as derived from the syn part of syn/ack? notping seems to be quite different in character; 'sen' sounds a bit firmer.

Syn is from Sync, but how about the full name Synergy? Has biolectircal connotations as well.

This post has been edited by codepoetica on Feb 17 2005, 01:17 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQAOL
Chow
Posted: Feb 17 2005, 02:10 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 19130

Interesting story, just start reading it today, keep it up. smile.gif

For the name of NOTPING I suggest Sharon. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Chow on Feb 17 2005, 02:14 PM
PMEmail Poster
themonq
Posted: Feb 17 2005, 03:39 PM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 31811

QUOTE (codepoetica @ Feb 17 2005, 12:17 PM)
Syn is from Sync, but how about the full name Synergy? Has biolectircal connotations as well.

i considered it briefly, but... could you really imagine a gynoid named 'synergy'? remember that there's supposed to be an element of humanity with them. i mean, ping is fine because you have people named ping; one of my friend's little sister is thusly named. however, i've yet to hear any one name their child 'synergy'... probably not for a while mellow.gif i purposely didn't use sync because that's way too crisp.

in all actuality, this naming thing needs to wait a bit until we learn more about... sen tongue.gif
PMEmail Poster
Rapierman
Posted: Feb 17 2005, 05:25 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (Osaka Boy @ Feb 17 2005, 09:02 AM)
This is my final suggestion for a name. How about Lex, as in Alexa/Alexis? Monosyllabic and techno sounding.

We're bringing in Superman's arch-nemesis?
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Osaka Boy
Posted: Feb 17 2005, 06:25 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 36838

As in Luthor? tongue.gif Hardly my boy, hardly. Actually I was thinking of Lexx from the the cheesy Sci-Fi channel series of the same name a few years ago. Just before Farscape started. Like I said. It was my last suggestion. I think I just suck at naming EDS dolls.
PMEmail Poster
Dog Soldier
Posted: Feb 17 2005, 07:11 PM
Quote Post

Self perma ban since no one else will

Member No.: 16373

Piro sat in the front room watching the television; He couldnít remember a time when he had been more miserable.

It had started off well enough; Erika had talked to Ping and explained her concern about Largo showing up again. Ping had grudgingly agreed that she had a good point and they had begun discussing plans for redecorating the apartment.

Piro wasnít sure what had happened next.

He had heard Erika asking Ping if there was a problem, the next thing he knew the two were arguing loudly about whether Erika was telling the truth about her fears of Largo.

That was when Erika started to cry. That had scared Piro.

He had tried to talk to them then but everything he said only seemed to make things worse until both of them were mad at him. It had been a relief when they suddenly decided to go into the kitchen and have tea.

Piro stayed in the front room.

<Hi, Piro-san! >

Startled, Piro looked up, <Oh hi, Nanasawa-san. How was your day? >

Kimiko smiled at Piro and sat down beside him. <My day was pretty good. > She looked around, <What is going on? >

Piro shrugged, <Erika and Ping had a fight, and they are in the kitchen making up now I think. >

Kimiko pursed her lips, <Is that so? > Without waiting for an answer she went to the kitchen.

<Hi Erika, Hi Ping! >

Erika looked up at Kimiko; her eyes were swollen and red. Ping looked over too, amazingly her eyes seemed to be just as red as Erikaís is. The two gave Kimiko sad, tight smiles then Ping stood, <Would you like some tea, Nanasawa-san? >

Kimiko shook her head, <No, thank you. >She walked over and put a hand on Erikaís shoulder. <Piro told me a little bit, do you two need some more time? >

Erika and Ping looked at each other then back at Kimiko and shook their heads in unison. Kimiko gave them both a smile, <Say, why donít I go pick up something for us to eat? I know the tow of you probably donít feel like cooking or going out. >

Erika leaned over and hugged Kimiko around the waist, <Thank you, that would be nice. I am sort of hungry now. >

Ping perked up immediately, < That would be very nice of you! Iím hungry too! >

Kimiko and Erika both looked at Ping then back at each other and shrugged, Kimiko turned to leave, <and Iím taking Piro with me to help carry the food! Bye! >

Piro turned as he heard his name, his mouth flew open as Kimiko took his hand, <Come on, Piro-san! Weíre going to get something for dinner! >

Kimiko didnít let go of his hand as they left the building; instead she twined her fingers with his as they walked in silence. Piro didnít know what to think he had never expected this. He felt tension leaving him the farther the got from the apartment only to have it return as he guiltily thought how good holding Kimikoís hand felt.

<So they were pretty rough on you? >

Piro started, <Umm, yeah. They got mad because they said I couldnít make up my mind. > He looked around, <I really donít think that Ping wants to move away. Itís just that thereís no privacy for us or you and Erika. >

Kimikoís lips got tight as she thought about the familiar way he talked about Erika these days, it was seldom that he called her Hayasaka-san anymore.

<Itís really not that bad, Piro. Though Iím sure that the folding bed isnít too comfortable. >

Piro laughed; <Itís a lot better than what I was sleeping on in that attic apartment! >

Kimiko released his hand as they approached the corner market, <I guess some cheap bentou should be good enough, right? >

Piro nodded in agreement as they entered the store.

On the way back Kimiko led the way as Piro carried the stack of boxes, <Are you sure that Ping wanted some? >

Kimiko slowed down to walk beside him, <Yes, she said that she was hungry. >

Piro was silent for a minute before he spoke again, <Thank you, Nanasawa-san. >

She looked quizzically, <What for? >

<Getting me out, cheering me up. >

Kimiko smiled, <Well, you looked like you needed to take a walk. >

They walked a little farther in silence then Kimiko spoke, <I havenít gotten to spend much time with you lately. Erika and Ping have been keeping you to themselves. >

Piro chuckled; the very idea of any girl trying to keep him to herself just seemed funny.

<You think itís funny? >

Piro blushed, <Well, yes. I mean look at me. >

Kimiko stepped closer, her hip brushing against him <Oh, I do look at you. >

<Really? >

Kimiko lightly touched the small of his back, <Yes, really. >

Piro didnít know what to say he stopped and looked over at Kimiko. She turned to face him and smiled, <Iíd like to see a lot more of you too. >

Piro swallowed, <But youíre always so busy! >

Kimiko touched his lips with the tip of her finger, <Hush. >

She smiled at him then turned and continued walking; they were nearly back to the apartment. <Piro, sometimes late at night I like to go out on the balcony and look out at the city. Itís very pretty. >

<Really? >

She smiled, <Yes, really. > She looked over at him, <If youíd like to join me sometime I would really enjoy the company. >

Piro was quiet for a moment, they were at the door to the building, <I think Iíd enjoy that too Nanasawa-san. >

Kimiko looked at him as she reached for the doorknob, <You must promise me one thing though. >

<What is that? >

<That you will call me Kimiko, okay? >

Piro smiled at her, <Okay, Kimiko. >

When they got back Ping and Erika were cheerfully looking at a magazine Erika had purchased earlier that day, commenting on the room designs in it. After they had eaten the bentou they all settled down in front of the television with Piro in the middle, Erika to the right, Kimiko to the left and Ping leaning back against his knees.

Piro idly fondled Pingís hair as the two girls on either side of him rested their heads on his shoulders. He never noticed the glances that they exchanged. It was better for him that he didnít.
PM
Wavebird_Ocelot
Posted: Feb 17 2005, 07:38 PM
Quote Post

Just happy to be here

Woot, new chapter!

Hmm... nothing totally unexpected in this episode. Looking forward to that balcony conversation. Piro's still playing with Ping's hair - a sign that he still favors her of all the girls around him. That isn't surprising, though - Ping is more like the dating sims he's used to. That may well change, though, especially if Piro finds out that Ping may have... other projects.

Back to the naming debate, Synergy is too long, and Lex isn't much shorter than Alex(is) (not to mention the Superman connotation). I'm standing by Ashley as the best suggestion, or alternatively Alexis.
PM
PatheticEli
Posted: Feb 17 2005, 07:44 PM
Quote Post

The Incredible Edible Egg

Member No.: 16544

Piro...is such a pimp. Lol....
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
porfiry
Posted: Feb 17 2005, 08:25 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 22516

Remember when WK said Kimiko is the dark horse in this race for Piro?

Well we know in stories, the dark horse always wins! Ganbatte Kimiko!
PMEmail Poster
Rapierman
Posted: Feb 17 2005, 08:39 PM
Quote Post

"In this corner, we have Erika Hayasaka!"

"..and in this corner, we have....Ping!"

">punches thrown, legs bruised, arms broken<"

">DING-DING-DING<"

"Ladies and gentlemen, here are the scores!"

"Judge #1 scores it 131-130..."

"...Judge #2 scores it 132-130...."

"...and Judge #3 scores it 133-131..."

'....a unanimous decision for the winner, and new champion..."

"...Kimiko!"

"'Huh???' >heads turn as Kimiko holds up belt with Piro picture<"

"She Comes: Episode 43"

"Round One Begins"

This post has been edited by Rapierman on Feb 17 2005, 08:39 PM
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Zippo
Posted: Feb 17 2005, 10:09 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 37188

He never noticed the glances that they exchanged. It was better for him that he didn’t.

Where's King Solomon when you need him?

Piro had better watch himself.

PMEmail PosterMSN
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (23) All « First ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topic