l33t hosting - our bandwidth pimps.  these guys r0x0rz
megatokyo - relax, we understand j00 what the hell is going on here?
who are these people?
please buy stuff or kimiko will cry...
rant and rave, tell everyone what you think.
comming soon - MT fan links and other stuff
fredart studios - the process behind the madness

Pages: (2) All 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topic

> [1479] Broken Glass, "Lay down and get under the blanket"
BetaCygnus
Posted: Jun 5 2017, 01:43 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Group: -Members-
Member No.: 48735

QUOTE (richvh @ Jun 3 2017, 07:22 PM)
Bear in mind that it's safety glass (glass sandwiched in plastic), so it's a lot less dangerous to lie on than, e.g., plate glass.

Thanks for the explanation ó I didnít know that, and Iím just guessing there are more people out there, possibly including Piro, who donít. In that case it might still be quite a brave thing to do ó lying down upon it, soÖ Liminautís hero points for Piro +1.

happy.gif

This post has been edited by BetaCygnus on Jun 5 2017, 01:44 PM
PMEmail Poster
GouryG
Posted: Jun 7 2017, 05:48 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 47794

QUOTE (richvh @ Jun 3 2017, 12:22 PM)
Bear in mind that it's safety glass (glass sandwiched in plastic), so it's a lot less dangerous to lie on than, e.g., plate glass.

Actually you are describing laminated glass like what is used in windshields. All other windows are made of tempered safety glass which crystallizes when broken.
PMEmail Poster
Mamma Peach
Posted: Jun 7 2017, 09:16 AM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 76699

Still, small granular chunks instead of splintered jagged shards. Not comfortable, but not terribly dangerous.
PMUsers Website
Roborat
Posted: Jun 7 2017, 12:26 PM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 66228

QUOTE (Mamma Peach @ Jun 7 2017, 09:16 AM)
Still, small granular chunks instead of splintered jagged shards. Not comfortable, but not terribly dangerous.

Not too sure about that, I dumped my truck on its side, and the side window shattered, and I cut the crap out of my arm when I fell on it. Needed stitches, and I still have some pretty good scars from it.
PMEmail Poster
iffy
Posted: Jun 7 2017, 03:24 PM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Member No.: 67265

A reason for safety type glasses are so there are not huge jagged pieces of glass slicing things up. As with most all glass it is usually sharper when first broken, and the bits can cause some damage, especially when it is moving quickly, like after a large-caliber rifle bullet punches through it. This is more true when the glass it is a type that shatters rather than sheets. With what is in the car now, there are a lot of little chunks of jagged sharp glass everywhere. Pushing the hand on them and shoving at them, like trying to move them or clean them up, is not advised. Unless somebody in contact with them is exerting no pressure and not moving, the pieces would be cutting into them. At the least very uncomfortable. Full body weight of another on you, lying on top of them, in a moving car? Hey, artists gotta suffer for their work.

Does that look suggest somebody who is thinking of how noble it is that the other person is, getting some painful results, and how dedicated that makes them to do so? (And anyway, what would one do, wrapped up in the mission and goal, not get into the car and on the glass?) Seems that is more a look (shared, or Piro's blank stare?) by Kimiko that this situation and endeavor is a lot more here and now, a lot more extensive than she imagined when she happily planned faking Miho's demise for the sake of story. A look of awakening that getting this wrapped up is difficult, fraught with peril, and seemingly never ending. That once she got where she is, there's no leaving, no putting down the book or stepping away from the monitor. That the concerns are less about the person you're helping (if you're even thinking of them any more) and more about what you yourself are doing. Reacting to what's happening. That this isn't about Kimiko being dead for Miho to save her, any more than for Piro it's because feelings. It's about getting away and not getting caught by enemies that are scary and prevalent and of different types both known and unknown. About now, not some ideal that seems less important and less real the farther away you get from it.

Maybe this look says Kimiko gets some of why Piro does things the way he does, or why he's hesitant about getting deeper into the creation of myth. Maybe some of what drives Miho as well, what Kimiko didn't get before. That she is rethinking personally whatever she was feeling and believing and doing in Ikebukuro and since then, regarding fans and characters and roles and herself. A larger understanding of the parts, from experience, rather than just imaging the entirety and thinking it's a certain way.
PMEmail Poster
Invisigoth
Posted: Jun 8 2017, 07:30 AM
Quote Post

l33t One
Group Icon

Group: Fake Mods
Member No.: 63090

Once again with feeling:

Her look says, "I can feel your boner and all this danger and excitement has made me horny as hell too"

Hide and watch!
PMEmail Poster
Heywulf
Posted: Jun 8 2017, 10:55 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 68356

Piro and Kimiko continue to look intensely into each other's eyes, as Piro slowly and gently pulls the blanket over the both of them (hiding them from casual view from the outside).

[VOICES FROM UNDER BLANKET: CHANT: IN UNISON: IN HARMONY]
"BLOOD! BLOOD! BLOOD!...
...and Death!"
PMEmail Poster
darrin
Posted: Jun 8 2017, 11:47 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 55299

QUOTE (Invisigoth @ Jun 8 2017, 07:30 AM)
Her look says, emot-words.gif

No, it says "I just spent the past half hour doing a lot of crazy wacky stuff to help a girl who hurt you deeply; have I gone too far?"

The obvious parallel (as Mamma Peach alluded to a few posts back) is to Piro's look in panel six of 1475; "I'm not that kind of fan, am I?" At the moment they are each worried about aspects of their behavior toward the other. It can certainly be argued that they are worrying too much, and that things will end up working out just fine, but the characters don't know that yet, and expecting immediate (oh gods am I actually writing this) "smexy times" without dealing with those issues at all would be jumping the gun.

Not that I would mind seeing Piro give her a nice kiss to let her know that "no, you didn't go too far, we are still ok" wub.gif Less than 50% likely maybe, but even if Fred does that, it will be the kissing equivalent of this hug and not a "smexy times" one.

See also Kimiko's thoughts on essentially the same subject. Yes, yes, it's Fred's comic, he could have them immediately going at it like rabbits in 1480 if he wanted, but it would repudiate pretty much everything he had Kimiko say back then.
PMEmail Poster
iffy
Posted: Jun 8 2017, 01:45 PM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Member No.: 67265

It 's not convincing they are either thinking about each other, except perhaps broadly and generically in the bigger picture of the situation and the scenario. Perhaps some bigger questions of motive and dedication. Yes, Piro already had the confrontation at Anna Millers and the conversation on the way to Ikebukuro about fanboy and otaku behavior, and was wondering again. Yes, Kimiko already has been getting more and more real-world experience in what this all really entails, perhaps has had a breakthrough. But also, both of them are clearly being accelerated into the learning curve by being launched onto the frying pan. Whatever Miho and her situation and that interaction to them and the two to each other that they might be thinking. It's certainly not a situation like it was when worldly Erika measuredly suddenly ambushed naive unsuspecting Largo in the camping sniper incident. Their personalities are not that way either, nor has what they've said and done about such things.

Could something like that happen now, of course. Randomly, senselessly, against the stress they're under, opposite their exhibited prior behaviors in every way imaginable, that could still be a response. Yet and still, the sorts of things we might personally think we'd do is essentially inapplicable here, no matter how true it might turn out or not. Simply because we're not in that frame of mind or environment they are. Projecting our mindset onto people that don't have the same one, it's reasonable enough, but almost certainly entirely false. 'Well, if I was that rabid gazelle, I wouldn't act like that'; fully unable to put the brain into a state of thinking like a rabid gazelle actually does. It's like suggesting that after almost being killed and hurrying to rescue the others, Megumi isn't thinking of a steak dinner or relaxing bubble bath. Ninja just saved her from a kill shot, where is she going. To the amusement park, not likely.

Adrenaline rush, fear, panic, paranoia, urgency. Some of the more subconscious aspects of the physiological, not conscious higher-level executive-decision types of things like hunger and thirst. Perhaps there is also some movement into safety on a subconscious level as well. Animal instincts if you will. Reaching into higher levels of cognizant functionality on a conscious measured level just isn't what they'd be worried about or even capable of carrying out. It's fight or flight, not date or mate. Although there might be some prate and blate going on, depending.

Anything could occur of course that almost goes without saying. As does that some things are just more likely than others, which doesn't appear to include what's in Kimiko's eyes being base animalistic anxiety-driven urges that she acts upon. We'll see once the next things happen though, certainly.
PMEmail Poster
S1arburst
Posted: Jun 8 2017, 02:32 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 78100

QUOTE (iffy @ Jun 7 2017, 02:24 PM)
Does that look suggest somebody who is thinking of how noble it is that the other person is, getting some painful results, and how dedicated that makes them to do so? (And anyway, what would one do, wrapped up in the mission and goal, not get into the car and on the glass?) Seems that is more a look (shared, or Piro's blank stare?) by Kimiko that this situation and endeavor is a lot more here and now, a lot more extensive than she imagined when she happily planned faking Miho's demise for the sake of story. A look of awakening that getting this wrapped up is difficult, fraught with peril, and seemingly never ending. That once she got where she is, there's no leaving, no putting down the book or stepping away from the monitor. That the concerns are less about the person you're helping (if you're even thinking of them any more) and more about what you yourself are doing. Reacting to what's happening. That this isn't about Kimiko being dead for Miho to save her, any more than for Piro it's because feelings. It's about getting away and not getting caught by enemies that are scary and prevalent and of different types both known and unknown. About now, not some ideal that seems less important and less real the farther away you get from it.

Iffy, that's amazing. Kimiko's not thinking either, "You're a hero," or, "You loser." She's realizing, "This isn't as fun or easy as I thought it would be, and both I and people I care about were and are in danger because of what I did."

She hasn't been able to see for a while, but she felt Piro fall with her, heard him talking obviously in a really hard situation, and could hear the stress levels in Megumi's voice ordering Piro into the car, and hurry!

Everything that's happened is hitting Kimiko, and what's going to happen now?
PMEmail Poster
Rapierman
Posted: Jun 8 2017, 06:39 PM
Quote Post

Militant Warrior for Intelligence

Member No.: 33370

QUOTE (Invisigoth @ Jun 8 2017, 07:30 AM)
Once again with feeling:

Her look says, "I can feel your boner and all this danger and excitement has made me horny as hell too"

Hide and watch!

Wishful thinking on your part, perv. tongue.gif
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Invisigoth
Posted: Jun 9 2017, 07:18 PM
Quote Post

l33t One
Group Icon

Group: Fake Mods
Member No.: 63090

R-man, you obviously missed the artwork on twitch this afternoon. Pretty obvious that Kimiko was about to go down on Piro and Megumi interfered. Fred didn't know where to go with it as it was so blatant and he didn't know how to dial it back
PMEmail Poster
arimareiji
Posted: Jun 10 2017, 01:47 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 64987

QUOTE (Invisigoth @ Jun 9 2017, 06:18 PM)
R-man, you obviously missed the artwork on twitch this afternoon. Pretty obvious that Kimiko was about to go down on Piro and Megumi interfered. Fred didn't know where to go with it as it was so blatant and he didn't know how to dial it back

During a bumpy ride that might well end up crashing? ph34r.gif

Obviously Kimiko hasn't seen The World According to Garp.
PMEmail Poster
Teddy-Werebear
Posted: Jun 10 2017, 04:47 AM
Quote Post

The one true Green Lantern of sector SD!

Member No.: 39158

Too much teeth in bumpy backseat = muy malo por pokeeto Pablo!
PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) All 1 [2]  Reply to this topicStart new topic