l33t hosting - our bandwidth pimps.  these guys r0x0rz
megatokyo - relax, we understand j00 what the hell is going on here?
who are these people?
please buy stuff or kimiko will cry...
rant and rave, tell everyone what you think.
comming soon - MT fan links and other stuff
fredart studios - the process behind the madness

Pages: (2) All [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topic

> [1479] Broken Glass, "Lay down and get under the blanket"
paarfi
Posted: Jun 1 2017, 03:51 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 67417

Fred posted the new comic to the Patreon late last night. It should be posted to the main site and elsewhere later today.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
paarfi
Posted: Jun 1 2017, 04:17 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Ok, the comic is posted to the main site now.

I hope that's not a smexy-times look from Kimiko, cause Piro is lying on broken glass. unsure.gif
eomdal
Posted: Jun 1 2017, 04:40 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 56906

QUOTE (paarfi @ Jun 1 2017, 02:17 PM)

I hope that's not a smexy-times look from Kimiko, cause Piro is lying on broken glass.  unsure.gif

That, and they're in the back seat of a car while someone is driving. A couple of friends did that to me once. They knew that there was no good place to pull over for miles.

I think smexy is one of the least likely things going through her mind, but I can't decide what that might be. Could be:

"you hero"

"you poor pathetic fool"

"I lost you to her"

Kudos, Fred. Well-done with the faces and the flow of the action.

This post has been edited by eomdal on Jun 1 2017, 04:44 PM
PMEmail Poster
Xavon
Posted: Jun 1 2017, 05:14 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Group: -Members-
Member No.: 69089

Wait, she's not ded?

cool.gif
PMEmail Poster
Heywulf
Posted: Jun 1 2017, 05:48 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 68356

Very easy to follow sequence of pick-up and improvised level of security.

Last two panels, Kimiko lifts her head, and gives Piro a 'Look'. Possibly I'm seeing a Look of much gratitude to her co-actor. (I think that she might have been fully prepared to die at the blobs of the horde, once she replaced Miho.) I think she knows very well how much Piro worked to play-the-hero. He was carrying her. And her acting job had to be as dead-Miho as she could act.

"Piro, you have supported Miho and me very well. And I am alive and happy to continue to be here now. Here. With you. Now."

I don't expect this to be anything but an example of how a viewer can speculate from a situation and a character expression. MegaTokyo seems to be a place where one wants to experience the context: before and after; said & seen. Even an expression we see is part of a sequence revealing what is actually happening. "Continued next page." That's sweet torment (little grains of safety glass). I can imagine several ways this back seat could go considering the surrounding situation, so I want very much to see the canon version of how this plays out.
PMEmail Poster
Wesker888
Posted: Jun 1 2017, 06:33 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 49866

Now see, if a girl looked at me like that, I'd just assume I was in trouble. Tread lightly, Piro my guy.
PMEmail Poster
Invisigoth
Posted: Jun 1 2017, 06:40 PM
Quote Post

l33t One
Group Icon

Group: Fake Mods
Member No.: 63090

As I said in Patreon that last panel is Kimi's, "I feel your boner" face
PMEmail Poster
paarfi
Posted: Jun 1 2017, 07:20 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

QUOTE (Invisigoth @ Jun 1 2017, 06:40 PM)
As I said in Patreon that last panel is Kimi's, "I feel your boner" face

Piro got a rocket in his pocket? wink.gif
garapagosu
Posted: Jun 1 2017, 07:54 PM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 15903

From cardboard boxes to the back seats of moving cars; this relationship is moving.
PMEmail Poster
Teddy-Werebear
Posted: Jun 1 2017, 10:03 PM
Quote Post

The one true Green Lantern of sector SD!

Member No.: 39158

HUBBAH HUBBAH!

RED ALERT!!

SHIELDS UP!
PMEmail Poster
BetaCygnus
Posted: Jun 1 2017, 11:04 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 48735

@ Fred: Nice! happy.gif

If I were in Piro’s position here, I’m guessing my mind would be rather pre-occupied with the shards of glass I would be lying on in a moving car — and very much aware of the extra weight that’s pressing upon me regardless. mellow.gif

Megumi *might* be making the same mistake in Japanese as is common in English… I don’t know any Japanese, so *lying* down (yourself) may be unintentionally replaced for *laying* down (something) in .jp as well… biggrin.gif Anyway, Megumi’s line in English should actually read: "Lie down and …" cool.gif woeisme.gif

I don’t know what to make of Kimi’s expression in the last panel. Could be anything from "tread carefully" to "I love you, my hero" to "Watch yourself, bub…" blink.gif

She reminds me of Pirogoeth, though. Something with the shape of the eyes.
Having said that… I think Piro should be in some danger — and yes, pun intended. sleep.gif

happy.gif
PMEmail Poster
mistersaxon
Posted: Jun 2 2017, 03:06 AM
Quote Post

Purveyor of High Class Weaponry

Member No.: 60230

I sense regret and concern...

Regret for having put Piro through so much difficulty (ongoing...) and concern for his well-being.

Those are obvious things to feel of course - the extra layers are concern that the ploy might not have worked and regret that this was even necessary in the first place, because fanbois are so horrible (as she well knows).

Concern that Piro might be regarding her as a burden, concern that Piro might be wishing she really was Miho right now (but not dead, obviously!). This mirrors Miho's backward look as she fled the scene, leaving Piro and Kimi to play our her story, without her.

And that raises the possibility that Kimi now feels the may be the CA for this story. That would be enough reason to look concerned all by itself...
PMEmail Poster
Dragonix
Posted: Jun 2 2017, 10:10 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 78119

The detail on Kimi's face in that last panel is beautiful. However, I couldn't stop from laughing when I saw it because my first thought was "When you're in the middle of "Netflix and chill" and she gives you a look like..." XD

Great page. happy.gif
PMEmail Poster
Mamma Peach
Posted: Jun 2 2017, 11:25 AM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 76699

I'm also wondering if her "look" is because of Piro's whispered monologue...
"Are all fans like this? I'm not that kind of fan am I? If I am... I'm sorry. I wish I could make us all go away."
PMUsers Website
Yl33 D4 N00b
Posted: Jun 2 2017, 12:47 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 77929

I think Kimi is seeing MT via Largovision for the first time...... blink.gif
PMEmail Poster
iffy
Posted: Jun 2 2017, 12:49 PM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Member No.: 67265

After carrying her for quite a while in arduous trying circumstances, seems like he would be physically tired and emotionally drained. Plus he's on top of many small hunks of shattered often-sharp-ish material. She's been limply spilling over, unable to respond and often unaware of what's going on around her. Both rushed, hurried, getting away. Still in the middle of things, including the acting. Neither of them in their situation seems they'd be in a sort of mindset readers might be projecting onto them. Possible yes, likely not so much.

That look, rather unfathomable, could (probably does) mean a few things. There's at least some sense of wonder, awe, and questioning combined? Or a blank stare meant to assure him she's actually alive and a sense of respect on how he's supporting it all. etc etc etc Appears to have somewhat at least confused the hell out of him.
PMEmail Poster
Con
Posted: Jun 2 2017, 01:40 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 58078

Something I think might be missed is that it's not just Kimiko giving Piro a 'look,' they're sharing a look. They basically have the same expression in the last two panels, just one is looking down while the other up. And Kimiko's hair drapping over Piro's face tells us it's a very close look they're sharing, just inches away.

Now, that doesn't mean we should be putting roses and sparkles around these looks, but there is an intimate moment here. There's concern for eachother, and what the other is going through and thinking, there's hopefulness, both for their own and the other's well being, and there's a shared sense of being 'in this together.'

And, of course, this is the moment Kimiko has chosen to outwardly show she's not deceased... why now? Concern for the glass? The sense that they're somewhere they can't be seen? Unable to resist looking when they're so close? Probably a mix of all these... Although, cars use shatter resistant glass now so the bits probably won't hurt Piro too much.

And can I add? I love how the last several pages have taken Megumi from Zero to Hero in such a burst of activity and character development! We still don't know what's motivating her to care so much for Kimiko specifically, or if this is just the kind of person she is, but the fact she would do this at all, that she has the strength to push past very real fears of harm and danger and emotional turmoil, says a lot about her character that we had no idea of before. We know she really isn't OK, but she says she is and takes charge of everyone's well being, showing real leadership and inner strength. Megumi really is the heroine of her own story, and I love it! ^u^
PM
Invisigoth
Posted: Jun 2 2017, 05:22 PM
Quote Post

l33t One
Group Icon

Group: Fake Mods
Member No.: 63090

My prediction of what happens next in two words:

COWGIRL UP!

This post has been edited by Invisigoth on Jun 2 2017, 05:23 PM
PMEmail Poster
richvh
Posted: Jun 3 2017, 11:22 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 19795

Bear in mind that it's safety glass (glass sandwiched in plastic), so it's a lot less dangerous to lie on than, e.g., plate glass.
PMEmail Poster
S1arburst
Posted: Jun 3 2017, 01:55 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 78100

QUOTE (richvh @ Jun 3 2017, 10:22 AM)
Bear in mind that it's safety glass (glass sandwiched in plastic), so it's a lot less dangerous to lie on than, e.g., plate glass.

Yep. I unfortunately had the opportunity to examine glass from some shattered car windows recently, and the design is amazing the way it breaks in innocuous rounded edges.
PMEmail Poster
Liminaut
Posted: Jun 3 2017, 09:33 PM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 64363

Safety glass or not, Piro is choosing to lie on broken glass to protect Kimiko. Serious hero points.
Patty Acer
Posted: Jun 4 2017, 05:05 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 30812

Is it just me, or is Megumi's hair getting longer and more magical girl-ish by the frame?
PMEmail Poster
maldrul
Posted: Jun 4 2017, 06:35 PM
Quote Post

wandering idiot kitsune

Member No.: 23343

QUOTE (Patty Acer @ Jun 4 2017, 05:05 PM)
Is it just me, or is Megumi's hair getting longer and more magical girl-ish by the frame?

looking back at previous comics shows that her hair was always that long, but she usually tried to keep it pulled behind her (human) ears. But her hair does look more frazzled and it's easy to see why. Of course the stress she's been under recently could be affecting her kitsune 'glamour' that allows kitsune, in general, the ability to hide their fox features. I wouldn't be surprised to see her fox ears and tail suddenly pop into being (how embarrassing!) before its all said and done.
PMEmail Poster
Initial B
Posted: Jun 5 2017, 07:26 AM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Member No.: 16323

I don't know about those looks - Piro looks fearful and Kimiko looks sad. So much not being said here. I'm hoping for some more expository text.

And is it just me, or did this scene unfold rather quickly? I kept clicking back to the last comic to see if I was missing one. The transition is a little jarring.
PMEmail PosterYahoo
darrin
Posted: Jun 5 2017, 11:25 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 55299

Kimiko's expression in the last panel reminds me most of panel four of this strip. Granted she doesn't have anywhere near as much reason to be sorry or worried as she did back then, but she doesn't know that yet. The last time she and Piro talked about Miho was quite a while ago, and Piro made it clear at the time he still held a lot of negative emotions for Miho. Kimiko doesn't know about Piro and Miho's bath house conversation, and as far as she knows has every reason to be concerned that Piro might not be on board with the heroic lengths she's been going to to help Miho.
PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) All [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topic